What does JRAC offer local artists and the community?
– Regularly scheduled exhibits of local artwork
– Networking opportunities
– Member-only invitations to special events
– Membership card with discounts from local businesses
– Arts news via e-blasts, as well as on Facebook
– Inclusion in digital JRAC Artist Registry
– Submit event, exhibition or award info for inclusion on JRAC website
– Local and national exhibition opportunities
– Exclusive member notices regarding call for artists, juried competitions & studio space
The Joplin Regional Artists Coalition (JRAC) is a 501(c)3 organization founded in 2010 by visual artists to network fellow artists to more effectively engage in cultural, economic, and educational artistic activity. The organization is not limited to Joplin artists, but encompasses the Joplin area. JRAC’s mission is to promote, strengthen, and advocate for the visual arts and artists. JRAC membership includes professional and amateur artists, art enthusiasts, and patrons of the visual arts. Examples of artwork and contact information for our members can be viewed in this site’s Artist Registry. This is a showcase of the strength and diversity of the visual arts in this region. The registry also provides a centralized resource for businesses and citizens to choose to ‘buy local’ and enrich their community with unique artworks while supporting regional artists rather than purchasing mass-produced commodities of unknown origin.